Saturday 28 April 2012

2mm ECW- Talbot's Regiment

I'd like to start with apologies about the photos, they are poor, but I'll try and be better with other photos.
 Talbot's regiment were commanded by Talbot, the Earl of Shrewsbury. I know not which one, whether it be John, or Francis, or another, or all of the above.
 Though much information about uniforms from the era goes unknown, it seems to be generally accepted that Talbot's men were clad in yellow, at some point in the war, at least. Talbot's colours were two dogs sable on a field or. I'm sure that research or a better knowledge of heraldry would allow me to give a better description.
Though the regiment's owner was Salopian, the regiment had a large proportion of it's men from Ireland. 
I'm afraid as I can't tell you much more, but if you're not interested in great detail, and are actually reading this, then you've struck or.

No comments:

Post a Comment